On Thursday, I started my third cycle of gemcitabine and Taxotere. So far, things are about the same as before: I was a bit fatigued Friday and Saturday, but am feeling fine today. Should continue to feel well until Sunday next week.
On a positive note, I had a CT scan last week to check on how I'm responding to the chemotherapy. My lungs looked much better than before we started. Most all of the 'infiltrates' that we saw previously (caused by bleeding from tumor) are gone. Also, the visible tumor nodules are smaller (but still visible).
This suggests that the chemotherapy is doing something good for me and so, I get to keep going. We're currently planning on around six cycle of chemotherapy (which will take us to mid-July).
We went for a picnic at Sherwood Gardens today (with my friend Nishant and his parents). Given my bald head, I'm very happy that it's finally warm outside!


Thanks again for your support and prayers!
Robert and Gwyneth
Sunday, April 26, 2009
On with Cycle #3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Praise God for the good news about the tumors. We continue to pray.
Great news and praying for the best of news come July.
The Mehans are all praying for your recovery.
Robert, that is good news that you're getting a response from the Taxotere/Gem. Sounds like you've had the usual side effects from Taxotere thus far. I hope you don't have to contend with any sensory neuropathy. Thank you for sharing your updates, you are in my thoughts! Keri Purcell
Post a Comment