Yesterday, I received my second set of infusions (still part of chemotherapy cycle #1).
Each cycle is 21 days long; the first infusions were on day #1 (last Thursday) and the second set were one week later on day #8 (this Thursday). No treatment happens for the next 13 days until the next cycle begins (after a grand total of 21 days).
So far, I've tolerated the day #8 infusions very well (I received gemcitabine and Taxotere). I've only had some very mild, manageable nausea.
I have been on a steroid, dexamethasone, for three days now. Some patients will have an allergic reaction to Taxotere; the steroids help to prevent this (I had only some mild cheek flushing). Also, steroids are good for preventing nausea. I'm not bouncing off the walls or anything, but thanks to the steroids, I'm certainly not fatigued yet! I come off the steroids today and my blood counts will be down next week, so I'll likley have more fatigue soon.
Thanks again for your continuing prayers and support!
Robert and Gwyneth
Friday, March 20, 2009
2nd Infusion of Cylce #1 is done
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad it went well, Rob. Keeping up the prayers over here. Rosemary
Dorothy and I are here at Panera Bread, and had a chance to look back at a couple of posts. Glad to hear that things are going well so far, and overall better than last time.
Praying for you all. Patrick & Dorothy
Hi Robert. You don't know me, but your sister Rebecca is a dear friend of mine from high school. We were on Flairs, the high school dance team together. We reconnected several months ago through facebook and we talk every week. She shared with me what you are going through and I just wanted to let you and your family know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I live in Northern Virginia and if you or your family ever needed anything, I'd be happy to help in anyway. I am praying for your health and a successful recovery.
Sincerely -
Lauren Gregory
Dear Robert & Gwyneth; Jan and I think about you and you are both in our prayers, also William. I am interested in your reactions to the chemo so thanks for the updates. Take care of your Mom and Dad while they are there, especially John, keep him busy. Love to all of you, Gib & Jan
Robert, hi it's Keri, Angela's best friend from high school and Ole Miss. I wanted to reach out and tell you that I work for Sanofi-Aventis, we manufacture both Anzemet and Taxotere. I've been in oncology sales for seven years now. Are you taking any other anti-emetic for the delayed nausea -- sounds like the Anzemet is taking care of the acute nausea after treatment. What dose are you receiving of Taxotere weekly? Sounds like two on, then one off in terms of schedule? I am accustomed to seeing it dosed at 75mg/m2 q3w for breast cancer in combination with a few other therapies.
Take care of yourself and good luck with your next cycle.
Keri
Post a Comment