Happy 4th of July! We have a terrific view of the Baltimore harbor from my hospital room - should be great for fireworks this evening.
Gwyneth and I both slept pretty well last night (of course, someone walks in, turns on the lights, sticks me with a needle, takes my vital signs, etc. every hour and a half, all night long). I'm continuing to feel better today. I had some soft but solid food this morning (oatmeal, a banana, yogurt, and coffee) which seems to have gone down well, we walked around the unit two times, and I've been sitting in a chair for most of the morning. It's really getting much easier to move about.
William and Joan came for a visit. As usual, William was full of energy and not phased at all by the 'strange' environment here (photo taken while he was running laps around my chair):
I've been unhooked from my IV pole, so all I have left is my surgical drain, which isn't too bothersome (I had a similar drain in place for 6 weeks after surgery last fall). This one should come out before I go home. Thanks again for everything!
Robert and Gwyneth
No comments:
Post a Comment