Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Recovering well at home

We've been home for about 2 days now (since Sunday afternoon) and I've continued to steadily improve following my splenectomy last Thursday.


I'm genuinely feeling hungry now (vs. eating because I'm supposed to!), my digestive system is back in action (not otherwise specified...), and I'm able to move around much more easily and with a lot less pain (I'm still taking ibuprofen and a little oxycodone). I'm happy not to have any drains or tubes left in place. In fact, I don't even have a bandage over my abdominal incision - it's intended to be left open to the air. Hard to believe that just five days after all of that surgery, I only have to wear a single, regular Band-Aid (covering my drain site incision)!

Gwyneth and Joan have been taking good care of me (and William!) over the last couple of days. But, I'm on my own today and have been able to shower, make breakfast, get up and down the stairs, and pick up around the house without a problem.

Thank you, as always, for your support and prayers!
Robert and Gwyneth






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you as always! Praying as always!

Love,
Rebecca

Post a Comment