Friday, February 5, 2010

At Peace

Dear friends,

With a heavy heart, I must regretfully inform you that Robert passed away this evening. He died peacefully with Gwyneth by his side.

If you’d like to send a letter of condolence, please let me know and I can send you their mailing address. If you're interested in offering other help, please let me know and I can coordinate with Gwyneth and the Susil and Weigel families.

Information about arrangements and other details will be forthcoming.

On behalf of Gwyneth, William, and the Weigel and Susil families, I’d like to thank all of you for your support over the last few years. They truly appreciate your love, encouragement, and prayers. It is also a testament to how special Robert was.

Thanks,
Jonathan Hansen
Jonathan.Hansen@comcast.net
(410) 961-6025

12 comments:

Philip said...

Eternal rest grant to him O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.

Our condolences to Gwyneth, William and the Weigel and Susil families.

Phil and Alison Tribble

Marsha Gallacher said...

It is truly a gift that Robert has given so many. Peace he has and peace he left.
Our love,
Marsha and Dan Gallacher
marsha.gallacher@comcast.net

Doug Welsh said...

May angels lead you into paradise; upon your arrival, may the martyrs receive you and lead you to the holy city of Jerusalem. May the ranks of angels receive you, and with Lazarus, the poor man, may you have eternal rest.

"Well done, thou good and faithful servant ... enter thou into the joy of thy Lord." Mt. 25:31

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry. Our parish email prayer group has been praying for Rob and his family. My husband and I went to UD and we are friends with Bishop Conley. So while we are not actually acquainted with either family, we have known of you for years now. Please know our prayers are with all of you and if there is anything we can do, please don't hesitate to ask. We live in Maryland. God give you all strength and may He grant Rob peace and joy in Heaven. God Bless.

Deidra said...

May all the warmth and comfort Rob brought to so many in his lifetime be with his family and friends today. May God eternally bless you. Heaven is Rob's well-deserved new home.

Much love,
Deidra Crews

Unknown said...

We pary God to accept our thoughts are with him and his family at this most diffucult time of loss.

---
Adil Fırat Yılmaz
Bilkent University
Turkey, Ankara

Anonymous said...

Dearest Gwyneth and family, words do not suffice to express our sorrow at this terrible news. We will pray as earnestly as we are able that God will comfort your heart and strengthen your faith. We remember you, your beautiful husband, and your lovely little boy fondly. In confidence at God's merciful care for you all, Paola and Nicholas Windsor.

Brad Hicks said...

What a phenomenal gift Robert was to so many people. I am honored to have so many happy memories of our friendship together throughout the years. My thoughts are with you during this very difficult time.

Ursula Reinhardt said...

Im so sorry to hear of your loss. I cannot began to imagine what you must be going through. If ever you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

Whitney Kent said...

It is with immense sorrow that I leave this message for your family. I was truly saddened to hear the news about Rob on Friday. I didn’t know him for very long, but had the pleasure of working with Rob over the last year through Augmenix. It didn’t take long to realize the caliber of person he was – such intelligence, kindness, compassion, and positivity, all the while being incredibly down-to-earth. A wonderful researcher, clinician, educator, and person who will be missed by all that were lucky enough to have known him. My thoughts are with you in this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Gwyneth,
My deepest most heartfelt sympathies for you and your family's loss. Please know that we are praying for you.

Pia Villanueva-Pulido
Irving, TX
UD Class of 2000

Izlem Izbudak said...

It was an honor and pleasure to have known Rob. He had the best qualities of a personality that I will always remember. May he be at peace and joy forever.

My deepest smypathies for Gwyneth, William and his families. My thoughts and prayers are with you through this very difficult time.

Post a Comment