Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday evening

Hello to all our friends.

When I held up the phone to Robert's ear this evening so that William could say goodnight, I heard a little voice say "Goodnight Daddy, I love you." And then I saw Robert definitively raise his right eyebrow, which is the most interactive that he has been all day!

All in all, I think he has been comfortable today.  He continues to receive his steroids and antibiotics.  He is receiving some nutrition through a feeding tube, but his stomach appears to be moving slowly, so we frequently have to stop the feeding (which ideally would run at a slow continuous rate throughout the day) to allow him some time to digest.  He was seen by a physical therapist who was able to teach me some gentle exercises to keep his arms and legs limber while he is lying in bed. 

We had many visitors today and it was nice to see so many friendly faces.  I have been especially touched by the messages from so many of you telling me that your children are praying for Robert. 

We are hoping for a quiet night here. 

Gwyneth

6 comments:

Adriana Murphy said...

Gwyneth and Robert, your courage is inspiring...

Anonymous said...

Grace be with you Gwyneth. We prayed desperately tonight for Rob to get through this critical phase. Steven and Jenny Lin (in Houston)

abbyglassenberg said...

We are thinking of you and your family and praying for Robert. Jon called me yesterday to give me an update. My heart goes out to you!
-Abby Patner Glassenberg

Anonymous said...

You are all so strong. We are all thinking of you and sending good wishes.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Gwyneth, Robert, and William, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Your courage is amazing. Love, Catherine, Chris, and Olivia Campbell

Unknown said...

Dearest Rob, Gwyneth and William,

We pray for you every day by name, and have recently learned of the hospitalization and turn of events. Our hearts and increased prayers are with you all, especially during this difficult time!
Wondering if it is possible to get up there...

Patrick, Dorothy and little Lucy Brooke Yeung

Post a Comment